Monday, September 14, 2009

Man Boobs Won't Stop Us!


Well, in our case, boy boobs! Yes, Casey is currently dealing with a phenomenon some pubescent boys experience, boy boobs. It's odd, my little boy, who was always skinny, skinny, skinny, has in the last year and half developed quite a belly, and well, boy boobs. We're all a little concerned, but I've read up online of course, the ultimate source of knowledge, and found that it is quite typical among preteen boys.

I also came upon some info on tea tree oil and lavendar oil and it's use in various products and how those can also cause this breast growth in young boys. I've been using such items regularly since November on Casey, but I found photos of him from last summer, and the boobs were there then, just less severe, so that theory sorta went up in smoke!

So, now, while waiting to see if this irradication of all things tea tree oil and lavenderish will qualm the boobage, we still have to endure the stares and glares from those at the pool who are just too ignorant not to stare and glare. It's not enough that this awkwardly tall boy who starts stimming the minute he steps into the pool area can't help his stims, but add on those 34 B's, and well, he's quite a sight!

I know what people are thinking... "How did she let that happen to that boy?" and "She should reallly cover him up!" etc. I don't know how it happened, I still contend it's puberty and the accordion theory will go into effect soon and he'll grow 5 inches and everything will stretch. I truly didn't plan on my kid having boobs, it's not my fault! Wahhhhhh!

We were going around the lazy river and two little kids literally swam in front of us to get a better look at him and the one said to the other "He's got BOOBS!".... Being the mother Tiger that I am, I quickly rushed to his defense, he being oblivious.

"What did you say?" I growled.

"She said it!" the one kid said.

"He can't help it!" I snapped "and you're rude!".

The kids paddled against the tide of the lazy river as fast as they could, and I'm pretty sure they were, well, frightened of me, and I really couldn't care less, little shits. I was hoping they would go "tell on me" to their mommy and she would come over to "talk" but no one ever showed up. Perhaps I scared them a little too much. Perhaps they knew they did something wrong, and didn't want to tell their mom. Perhaps.

Anyhoot, acting as a human shield and urging Casey to swim so his bod was mostly underwater the rest of our outing, I thought to myself "Well, this is great, his stimming is bad enough, but now, should I even put him through being scrutinized about his boy boobs? Should we not come swim anymore until they disappear? That could be years! Should I buy him a a man bra of some sort? What to do?".

I finally did an internal calm down and came to my senses and decided SCREW IT! Boy boobs are not going to stop us from coming and doing something that Casey loves to do. Boy boobs will not run our lives! Boy boobs are no match for our seeking out fun activities and getting excercise (to get rid of the boy boobs)! Nope, these boy boobs won't bring us down! Let 'em stare, let 'em whisper, let 'em speculate, let'em, who cares?

Having said that, anyone who might come up and say something to us point blank will feel the pain of my mother tiger teeth!!!!

Perhaps a t-shirt for Casey may not be a bad idea.......

Editor's note: non of the images used in this blog entry are of Casey ..... but that guy with the "mansierre" is awful sexy!)

13 comments:

DJ said...

Perhaps a "rash guard" swim shirt like our ultra-pale kids wear to avoid sunburns? Or just teach Caser to say what I say when people stare at my ample man-bossoms: Yes they're real, and they're spectacular!

Osh said...

My boy has these a s well...he used to be stick thin.

The seroquel he was on for a couple of years caused it (and I blame myself and Evan blames me)

He is 15 now and refuses to go swimming in public pools and take gym class where he has to change out.

I like your positive attitude!

Bobbi said...

That made me laugh so hard at the end. Parker even asked me why I was laughing. Unfortunately man boobs run in our family, Parker already has a start on his, lol.

mama edge said...

I just noticed my son Rocky's manboobs today, and I am ashamed to report that I was green with envy. Why do boys always get the long eyelashes and stunning racks?

Taz loves his swimshirt -- I've found that black minimizes those curves the best.

Rebecca said...

Darn; Don and MamaMara got there first. I still have to throw out a vote for the swim shirt. Don't go with a plain normal T--you can get a swim shirt (or rash guard as they seem to be called) in any size. It's lycra so it will stick to him when he swims instead of billowing the way a cotton T will. Both my kids tend to wear their shirts even in indoor pools b/c they're used to it, and they never get strange looks for it. Buy online if you must. Don't see this as giving in. See it as one less thing you need to worry about.

kristina said...

Following what Osh wrote, Charlie was, ah, "developing" in that chest area a bit. It's all gone since we took him off the Risperdal (it also gave him a (non-) beer gut.

At our pool, we do see more than a few adolescent guys sporting something extra in that chest area.....

Go for it, mom-tigress!

DJ Kirkby said...

The photos you put on your blog are of men with gynaecomastia which is a condition where men have breast tissue. What Casey has at the moment is likely to be something entirely different casued by fluctuating hormone levels. A tee shirt should help if you can get a 'rash guard' type one like DJ suggested. xo

~Mama Skates~ said...

please don't stress this! & no, don't stay home or cover him up...he's not worried about it, u shouldn't either! having him wear a shirt might only make him self-conscious where he doesn't need 2 b...teach him 2 b proud of who he is & that what other ppl think just doesn't matter! there will b lots more times in his life that he'll need 2 remember that lesson too.
Jaden has boy boobs too - & just like Casey, he could care less! i've never heard any rude remarks from other kiddos yet (not sure he has either, or would even notice if he did) - but i woulda said the same thing 2 those kiddos...u weren't too mean, u let them know they were being rude - something their mother should do too!

FXSmom said...

hee hee cute post! My little brother (who is 12!) had major boy boobs last year. And then in about 6 months he has just shot up and no more boy boobage!!

I think all shapes and sizes should be open to going to the pool or stripping their shirts off in the heat. I hate how our society has tried to cover up the not so perfect :(

mommy~dearest said...

Oooh,,, we suffer the breasticles too. It just started with Jaysen about 2 months ago when he had this massive weight gain. He has the "beer gut" too. Ugh. I'm currently seeking an endocrinologist.

claire p said...

Go you!! You tell um!! Because, of course, they were perfect? Not! *goes off into corner to rant*.

Casdok said...

Thats interestng about lavender and tea tree.

The rash guard swim shirt is a good idea.

Gynecomastia said...

Visit only a certified surgeon to ensure safety and great result. Always do a little background check before you actually entrust your body to the sugeon.