Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thoughts

Yet another huge gap of time in my blogging....I truely don't know why I do this, I love blogging. Guess I'm just busy or whatever. I think of things all the time and go "Oh, I should blog about that." but clearly I don't. So, I am going to jot down some of the thoughts I have that I think I should blog about. I'm not going to go into detail about them, just jot them down, then perhaps, refer to them later as fodder for future entries. Please leave your thoughts, on my thoughts!

*underarm hair suddenly appearing...a real shocker

*how can one get their boy to stop, well, touching themselves, unconsciously, or conciously out in public?

*why haven't I ever attempted to teach Casey to cook so he doesn't have to grab a chip or cookie whenever he is in need of something? Seriously, because one time he took cold pizza out of the frig, on his own, placed it on a plate and put it in the microwave! He's got the potential to learn! What's wrong with me?

*What's wrong with me in general?

*I promised his teacher we would go over specific lessons this summer. Did I? Barely.....

*To stay on the pill or get off it, one girl's story......(that one would be all about me, probably not the proper forum here in this blog, but it's a thought I've been having)....

*we went to Chicago for the weekend and it was great and he was great....

*working full-time sucks when there's a 3 week window between camp and school starting...

*can I lose 20lbs by Oct. 10th?

*will any of his school clothes from last year fit and do they make elastic shorts and pants in men's sizes?

*a change in underwear style...

*sudden and much welcomed return to watching the Pee Wee Herman show after a couple of months of watching Blue Clues and having to discuss several times why Steve had to go to college.....

*his disdain for his daddy's well intended every other day work outs and how I suddenly have had to accompany them....that was my time dammit!

...and so on. So you see, I have lots I could blab about, I just haven't and well, I need to get my shit together!
Thanks for listening!

*

5 comments:

Osh said...

I have so much I want to comment on this...like when my son made a math formula to calculate his pubic hair growth...or how he went online on ehow and printed out step by step instructions on how to make a grilled cheese because I was too chicken to teach him...but I'm exhausted, haven't been to sleep yet...

These boys of ours grow up...and as they find their place in the world, this is when I suddenly struggled to figure out where mine was going to be.

Hugs!

Rebecca said...

Change in underwear style for you or the boy? Are you finally switching over to Team Thong?

And speaking of pants, yes, they do indeed make elastic-waist shorts and pants in men's sizes. Just ask Don. (not because he can't fit into regular pants, but because he chooses comfort over style--plus it's part of his work-from-home uniform)

October 10? Remind me. I thought November was our target.

I liked this post. Left me wanting more!!

DJ said...

Does the pill have something to do with your armpit hair?

The touching thing ... yeah, that's a boy thing. It's going to happen. The world can deal with it.

Keep those thoughts coming!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Hi, first time reader!

I have an 11 year old autistic daughter.

I also blog what it is like being a parent to a child with ASD, but I hardly seem to update it.

Where does all the time go?

~Mama Skates~ said...

yep, Jaden is in men's sizes now...there's not much 2 choose from, but they do make elastic pants/shorts

i wanna know 2...thongs? ;0)

i like ur random thoughts...do it again! ;0)