Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thoughts on My Thoughts

Clearly, I've confused and baffled all my readers with my thoughts. I suppose it's because some of my thoughts weren't clarified enough, like who they were specifically about. That can be a problem when one's blog is about one's son who has Autism, and you mention a change in underwear for instance. That is confusing to be sure. I have to say I got a certain guilty pleasure out of the comments I recieved here and on Facebook, considering their humorous nature, which sometimes was intentional, but often not. So, I feel it is my duty to clarify my thoughts, plus, it makes for yet another easy blog entry! That's two in a row, baby! (I've been following up a lot of my sentences with "baby", I don't know why, it just feels right)

(just to clarify further, because clarification is what I'm all about, baby, my original thoughts are marked with an asterisk, and my thought on my thought, or clarification, if you will, is italicized! Clear, baby?)

*underarm hair suddenly appearing...a real shocker
Yes, this was about Casey, I have had my own for quite sometime, although I do discover it occasionally which brings about feelings of surprise when I've forgotten to shave for awhile

*how can one get their boy to stop, well, touching themselves, unconsciously, or conciously out in public?
I know this is a "guy" thing, but most guys don't walk down the street with their hand clearly exploring their nether region. This is the point I'm trying to make. If they did, everything would be okey dokey.

*why haven't I ever attempted to teach Casey to cook so he doesn't have to grab a chip or cookie whenever he is in need of something? Seriously, because one time he took cold pizza out of the frig, on his own, placed it on a plate and put it in the microwave! He's got the potential to learn! What's wrong with me?
this is more than clear, I suck.....

*What's wrong with me in general?
I was hoping I'd get more comments addressing this one, but you all failed me, as I fail Casey daily...

*I promised his teacher we would go over specific lessons this summer. Did I? Barely.....
sigh, again, I suck....


*To stay on the pill or get off it, one girl's story......(that one would be all about me, probably not the proper forum here in this blog, but it's a thought I've been having)....
ya know, sometimes my male relatives read this, so, what was I thinking? Well, I'm not takin' it back now, it's out there for all to see, enjoy, and reflect on. Hopefully my 84 year old father-in-law will comment soon!

*we went to Chicago for the weekend and it was great and he was great....
I want share the photos but I don't want to bore you...I guess that's the chance you take every time you read my BLOG!

*working full-time sucks when there's a 3 week window between camp and school starting...
what more can I say, I think you can all tell how I feel about this thought....

*can I lose 20lbs by Oct. 10th?
NO!

*will any of his school clothes from last year fit and do they make elastic shorts and pants in men's sizes?
thanks to so many of you for telling me that there are indeed men's spandex pants and shorts, but could you tell me where to get them for God's Sake? Egads....

*a change in underwear style...
no, I have not joined the "thong nation" nor plan on it (sorry R.) Casey changed his underwear style thank you, and not to thongs.

*sudden and much welcomed return to watching the Pee Wee Herman show after a couple of months of watching Blue Clues and having to discuss several times why Steve had to go to college.....
this might show up later as a blog entry....

*his disdain for his daddy's well intended every other day work outs and how I suddenly have had to accompany them....that was my time dammit!
I didn't have to go last night after Bill read this, and that was my main goal in sharing this thought!

I got so many good responses on this original post that I'm beginning to think that all my posts will just be lists of thoughts...it couldn't be anymore dull than my full bodied posts, baby!

3 comments:

kristi said...

You don't suck.
I love photos.
I have tried to find elastic pants in husky, not possible. UGH. I got TC a 16 husky and they are too tight. Oh joy.

TC can get himself a snack but prefers to be waited on, he is the KING.

claire p said...

You do not suck! And your blog is never boring, I don't always understand it (some stuff dosen't travel across the atlantic) but I always enjoy it xx

~Mama Skates~ said...

hey there Bonnie! in response 2 ur question on my blog - yes, Jaden does...but only cause his dad showed him exactly how...Jaden has always learned best by imitation - so it just took Curtis breaking it down 4 him & showing him exactly how he should wash each part...once Jaden got it, it's now just part of the routine & he does it that way each time...good luck with Casey - he's such a stinkin' cutie! i love ur blog & am glad 2 read whenever u're able 2 post ;0)