Friday, January 23, 2009

Ugh.....

As reported here, point sheets and intense smelling of others has been cause for much ado in Casey's new classroom. Yesterday, this was no less of an issue. Ugh... I looked at his point sheet promptly after he got home to find 2 forms stapled to them. Long story long, it was reported that he "kissed" a boy that he considers a good friend out on the playground. This boy is a friend he knows from regular ed and I have always been happy that the kid gives him the time of day.

I honestly can't imagine the whole scenario as it was explained but I think at recess Case leaned over, and did his overtly close sniff thing to this boy, the boy freaked thinking Casey was kissing him, others saw, a parapro saw and hell ensued! Egads.....So I guess they took him to the office and had a time out. There it is.

It was a bit sad when I questioned him about the whole incident, unphased by his actions but oh so phased by the schools reaction! I think he was told he was in trouble for trying to kiss his friend so much, that he couldn't even relay to me that he was sniffing him. He doesn't just kiss people, HE SMELLS THEM!

He didn't seem overly upset about the whole thing. I am hoping he got something out of the whole broo ha ha, clearly he didn't from his last incident.

I don't mean to sound so easy going about the whole thing, but I have found if I freak over everything that happens at school, I would be freakin' a lot, and I do that enough at home, work, etc. I figure as long as he isn't being physcially tortured, mentally bruised, and no tears have fallen, let them handle it! Yeah, I suck.....

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

You would think that the folks at school would have remembered that sniffing is one of the things he does. It seems like if they had the bigger picture in mind (rather than jumping to the conclusion that Casey was coming on to his bud), it would have been handled with less hysteria. Poor Case.

Em said...

You don't suck...you learn to choose your battles. We have to just let go of some things. We know it isn't a big deal. We'll save our energy for the big stuff...cause there is plenty of that.

claire p said...

You don't suck! I'm with Em, life's stressful enough. Hopefull when Casey has been there longer and they have spent more time getting to know him it'll calm down. Schools do go so OTT sometimes.

FXSmom said...

this doesn't sound fun at all :(

Debby said...

You're doing good, Bon. At least Casey is showing that he likes someone. They will hopefully get use to his ways of showing his emotions. Hang in there!

DJ Kirkby said...

Ah it is all so hard....I think we get way more upset than they do but...well who is to know really? N3S is struggling lots at school at the moment. School is soul destroying really.

~Mama Skates~ said...

u totally don't suck - i agree with em too, gotta pick ur battles! poor case! like sniffing is all that bad...then the school has 2 go & make a big deal out of it, got the other kiddos thinking he's kissing boys - geez! kudos 2 u bonnie - i dig ur style!

kia (good enough mama) said...

Aw, poor kiddo. It's got to be so hard for him to understand that his way of showing affection or curiosity isn't the "accepted" way of doing things. What a lot for a kid to have to understand and learn.

Mama Mara said...

Add my name to the list of those who deny your "suckness". I would say that, far from sucking, you demonstrate admirable sang froid (imperturbability in the face of stressful situations). The school and its reaction to Caseys PDA/sniffing: Total suckness.

Casdok said...

No you dont suck at all! But sounds like they do :(